We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Our goal is to make your first visit with us as comfortable and informative as possible.
At your first visit, Drs. Erickson and Hong will discuss your orthodontic goals and objectives. They will then perform a thorough clinical examination. If needed, a panoramic radiograph will be taken to augment the examination. Following this, our doctors will discuss their findings and treatment options for you.
What You Can Expect
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will treatment cost?
- What are my payment options?
- Any other questions you may have
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any referral information provided by your dentist.
- Any radiographs taken within the last year.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, please bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs, and if appropriate, arrange a payment plan to suit your needs.
If Dr. Erickson and Dr. Hong decide that treatment is beneficial, we will need to collect further information, including diagnostic radiographs, photos, and if needed, study models. Following careful analysis of these orthodontic records, Drs. Erickson and Hong will formulate your unique and individualized orthodontic treatment plan.
It is important to us that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, treatment options, treatment length and answers to any other questions they may have.